Uber in Nigeria accepts a wide range of cars from various brands and models. These vehicles must meet specific requirements to ensure the safety and comfort of both drivers and passengers.
If you’re interested in becoming an Uber driver in Nigeria, it’s essential to know the cars accepted by Uber in Nigeria. To help you out, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of all the cars that Uber currently accepts in Nigeria.
List of All Cars Accepted by Uber in Nigeria
Here is a list of all the cars that Uber currently accepts in Nigeria, the list features the top most popular car brands in Nigeria:
- Acura – MDX, RDX, RLX, TLX.
- Audi – A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, Q3, Q5, Q7.
- BMW – 1 Series, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6.
- Chevrolet – Aveo, Cruze, Sonic, Spark.Chrysler – 200, 300.
- Dodge – Avenger, Charger.
- Ford – Edge, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, F-150, Focus, Fusion.
- GMC – Acadia, Terrain.Honda – Accord, Civic, CR-V, Crosstour, Fit, Insight, Odyssey, Pilot.
- Hyundai – Elantra, Sonata, Tucson.Infiniti – FX, G, JX, M, Q50, QX50, QX56, QX60
- Jaguar – F-PACE, XE, XF, XJ.
- Jeep – Cherokee, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, Renegade.Kia – Forte, Optima, Rio, Sorento, Soul, Sportage.
- Land Rover – Discovery, LR2, LR4, Range Rover, Range Rover Evoque, Range Rover Sport.
- Lexus – CT, ES, GS, GX, IS, LS, LX, NX, RX.
- Lincoln – MKC, MKS, MKT, MKX, MKZ.
- Mazda – CX-3, CX-5, CX-7, Mazda3, Mazda6.
- Mercedes-Benz – A-Class, B-Class, C-Class, CLA-Class, E-Class, GLA-Class, GLC-Class, GLE-Class, GLS-Class, S-Class.
- Mitsubishi – ASX, Lancer, Outlander, RVR.
- Nissan – Altima, Juke, Maxima, Murano, Pathfinder, Rogue, Sentra, Versa.
- Peugeot – 301, 307, 406, 607 Porsche – Cayenne, Macan, Panamera.
- Renault – Duster, Fluence, Koleos, Megane.Skoda – Octavia, Superb.
- Subaru – Forester, Impreza, Legacy, XV.Suzuki – SX4, Vitara.
- Toyota – Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Prado, RAV4, Sienna.
- Volkswagen – CC, Golf, Jetta, Passat, Tiguan, Touareg.Volvo – S60, S80, XC60, XC90.
It’s worth noting that these cars must also meet specific requirements regarding age, condition, and other factors.
Additionally, Uber may update this list at any time, so it’s always best to check with the company for the latest information.
Requirements for Your Car to be Accepted by Uber in Nigeria
To be accepted as an Uber driver in Nigeria, your car must meet certain requirements. Here are some of the basic requirements:
Age of the Car
The car must not be older than 10 years from the date of manufacture.
The car must be a sedan or hatchback in good condition, with at least four doors, and able to seat four passengers comfortably.
Your car must have a comprehensive insurance policy in Nigeria, which should be valid and up-to-date.
The car must be registered in Nigeria, and you must have a valid driver’s license.
Your car must have functioning seat belts for all passengers, airbags, and other safety features such as Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), and rearview mirrors.
Your car must be clean and in good condition.
In addition to the above requirements, Uber may have additional requirements for certain cities or types of trips.
It’s essential to ensure that your car meets these requirements before applying to become an Uber driver. If your car meets these requirements, you can apply to become an Uber driver through the Uber app or website.